In this comprehensive course, you will learn the essentials of better business writing, including:
• How to get your points across in clear, concise, and compelling language
• Tips and techniques you can apply in any kind of communication - email, memos, letters, and reports
• Strategies for employing style, structure, format, and tone for maximum impact
• New rules of writing in the digital age, including email guidelines
• The most common business writing mistakes - and how to avoid them
• Steps for crafting correspondence that gets results
Each week you will review key concepts and then put them into practice in exercises you complete in-class and at home. Just as importantly, you will find out what to avoid, including common errors in grammar, punctuation, word usage and spelling. You will complete the course with a reference guide for crafting first-rate business correspondence.
Prerequisite: Students must speak and write in English with native fluency and should be able to send and receive email. Students may be asked to provide a writing sample prior to enrollment.
View a course syllabus.