In this four-week course, a professional freelancer will walk you through the strategies for selling magazine and newspaper articles on a regular basis.
Using a balance of lecture and feedback from the instructor, this class gives students a firm grounding in how to start and maintain a freelance career. Everything is presented in a clear, accessible manner.
Among the topics covered:
- Overview of the market
- How to generate saleable ideas
- How to write great pitch letters
- How to scope out and analyze potential targets
- Effective ways to make contact
- How to send your materials
- Deciphering rejections
- Understanding contracts
- Managing the business side of writing
Students will have two opportunities to present a query letter to the instructor for feedback. Students will also have ample opportunity to ask questions of the instructor.
Class size is strictly limited to 25 students.
View a course syllabus