Navigating the Revision Process: Methods, Questions, Interviews, and Exercises to Guide Writers to Their Best Work
Hosted by acclaimed writer Janet Burroway, author of the renowned textbook Writing Fiction.
This unique DVD shows professional writers in the usually private act of rethinking and remaking their work. If you are doing any kind of writing, you will need to revise. Whether you are earning a degree, writing after the kids go to sleep, or fulfilling a retirement dream, chances are you’ll be unhappy with your first draft. Burroway presents five rounds of revision that any writer can try alone or with a group or class.
• Featuring Award-Winning Writers:
• Experience: Burroway and the featured writers impart years of lessons learned creating published works. They demystify the revision process without denying the mystery involved.
• Practical Advice: After viewing you’ll have concrete activities that you can use to revise your manuscripts.
• Featured Rounds of Revision:
Plus, the featured writers answer the question, "So, when is it done?"
• Book Anthology: DVD includes a 121-page digital book anthology of stories crafted by the featured writers. Read a story from Robert Olen Butler’s Pulitzer prize winning collection A Good Scent From A Strange Mountain. (This PDF file is readable on any computer with Acrobat Reader.)
• Exercises: DVD includes ten pages of exercises. An exercise for each round of revision.
• Navigation: Easy to read program menus and pop-up links allow you to watch the program in the order best suited to your revision needs. (You can easily return to your favorites.)
• Bonus Sections
So, Is It Done?